Friday 23 July 2010

Song of the Moment: Katy Perry - Teenage Dream


I know I've alluded to my mild dislike of Katy Perry in the past, however this has never had anything to do with her music.  It's more to do with the way she promotes herself - I don't really buy the whole 'wink wink nudge nudge' aspect of her out of place ridiculously sexualized image (see the 'California Gurls' video) - and the way she comes across in interviews has always seemed a bit.... dense.  I'm also not a fan of the way she used and then dropped the gay community during much of the promotion for her first album 'One of the Boys'.

As I said though; her music (specifically her singles) is usually top quality pop music and new single 'Teenage Dream' is no exception.  The title track from her forthcoming second album is a delicious mix of radio friendly 80's guitar riffs and pop hooks about the joys of falling in love - it's almost guaranteed to put a smile on your face.  In fact, 'Teenage Dream' and previous single 'California Gurls' have lead me to believe that Perry's new disc may well be THE pop album of 2010.  We shall see when it's released next month, but until then enjoy 'Teenage Dream' below.

No comments:

Post a Comment