Saturday 10 July 2010

"The sound of music dying"

I don't really listen to the radio these days.  Not only do I not have a car, but also I like to be in control of the music I listen to, so really can't be doing with listening to whatever some middle-aged suit thinks I should be.  As a result this little 'gem' nearly alluded me - pioneers of terrible music Scouting for Girls, doing a reworked version of their song 'Famous' with lyrics about Radio 1 DJ and all round dreadful human being Fearne Cotton.  It's what Popjustice called "the sound of music dying".
I can't pinpoint what it is I can't stand about Fearne - maybe it's her unjustified sense of self righteousness, her terrible taste in almost anything or perhaps it's the fact that she comes across as a bit of a twat?  Whatever it is I've come to terms with it.  As for Scouting for Girls (who, to the best that I can figure out, have released the same song but with different lyrics several times), they bore me to distraction.
Anyway, if you're brave enough, please see below.



I promise the next post will be more upbeat....

No comments:

Post a Comment